Join Our Team
Humanitru was founded with one mission in mind: to help the helpers. We believe that nonprofits need modern solutions to engage their donors, volunteers, and supporters in order to sustain and scale their social impact. Without funding, the mission can’t continue. Humanitru empowers nonprofits to fundraise more effectively using data to understand the why behind what motivates someone to give.
We do so by providing nonprofits with a modern, intuitive, and automated CRM that manages data not only around donors, but also about volunteers, events, and email marketing. That way, nonprofits can make informed decisions that take into context all of the ways that someone supports the cause.
Since our product launch in March 2019, we’ve on-boarded and served 100+ nonprofits across the United States in causes as diverse as homelessness & addiction, mindfulness, sex trafficking, etc. In all of these cases, we’ve replaced clunky on-premise solutions, automated tedious menial work, and transformed how they operate.
Today, we are looking to expand our product team to take us to 300 clients and beyond. You’ll be joining Humanitru’s first in-house product team on the ground floor as we mature our flagship product, providing input into the next generation of nonprofit technology. We’re fresh off the heels of Techstars and excited for this next phase of growth.
We are looking for a project manager to join our product team, responsible for coordinating between various stakeholders to deliver software effectively and in a timely manner to our clients. You will be working directly with the (technical) CEO, software development team, and product owner on a day-to-day basis, and interfacing with the larger company and clientele when appropriate.
Our core stack is a Ruby on Rails platform on top of MySQL, with jQuery + Bootstrap as our front-end. We are deployed on DigitalOcean / AWS with Phusion Passenger and NGINX.
Candidates should have strong communication skills, leadership capabilities, and be skilled at prioritization in a fast-paced product-driven culture. Empathy is a must as this role interacts with a wide variety of stakeholder profiles, including externally to clients. We are looking for those with at least 1+ years of similar experience (project management, product management, etc.)
We are headquartered out of Richmond, VA, but have a remote-first work culture (most team members are Eastern Time-zone based)
We are looking to invest in a full-time team member; however, we are open to part-time / contract with the possibility of eventual full-time
- Develop project scopes and objectives, involving relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility in timelines given
- Plan and implement software development projects, defining tasks and identifying required resources
- Manage and communicate expectations between internal technical resources, internal non-technical resources, and external stakeholders
- Supporting the product team to balance burnout and feature delivery
- Lead quality assurance efforts to ensure code stability or identify areas of improvement
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation for both internal resources and external knowledge bases
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule, and associated costs if applicable
- Assist in communicating product features and capabilities with front-line sales and marketing resources
- Oversee special projects as they arise (custom client requests, longer-term feature explorations with external funders)
- Supporting product-led marketing efforts based on prospect desires and consumer profiles
- Scoping and documenting client-driven requests for third-party integrations with other software solutions in use by the nonprofit sector
- Transparent Communication: We pride ourselves on honest and transparent communication; preferring to over communicate than not communicate at all.
- Innovative Problem Solving: We exist to not re-create the wheel, but to take the initiative to come up with new ways to solve old problems. This applies to our technology, our processes, our product lines, and our team.
- Commitment and Accountability: We are committed and accountable to our customers and our team. When we say we will do something, we will do it. We do this through deep empathy, putting ourselves in our customers’ and teammates’ shoes to reach a deeper level of understanding and solve the right problems.
- Hungry for Achievement: We strive to be the best in our industry. We can always do more and learn more from each other.
- Strong communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills in managing software development projects and coordinating stakeholders
- Prior experience or familiarity with Agile, Scrum, software development methodologies
- Technical writing skills with regards to feature documentation, integration scoping requests, knowledge base resources
- Project Management Certifications (PMP, Agile, CAPM, PgMP, PfMP)
Humanitru is a start-up. While we are not specifically limited to looking for one perfect candidate profile, successful candidates must have the capacity to wear multiple hats if required, and pitch in where needed.
What drives us at Humanitru is that we’re giving back. We’ve seen incredible growth from our clients and how they serve their communities, and we’re proud to be a part of that journey with them. If you’re looking for a socially-minded company that has impact at its heart, please join us.